This set contains all of the parts necessary to convert the Academy 1/32 F/A-18D into an ATARS Configured aircraft. The Advanced Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance System (ATARS) had its combat debut in 1999 with VMFA(AW)-332 during Operation Allied Force and continued to see service throughout Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom and Inherent Resolve with all VMFA(AW) squadrons.
Included in the set are the following :
- ATARS Pallet.
- Two corrected pitot tubes.
- Two forward nose landing gear door fairings.
- A clear forward camera window.
- The ATARS control panel (direct replacement for kit part S6).
- Two paint masks for the camera and FLIR windows.
A Complete set of instructions with reference and paint suggestions.