The three-axle passenger car G4 was designed by Daimler-Benz in 1934 and produced until 1939. This heavy six-seater SUV with an eight-cylinder engine with a capacity of 100 (later 110) hp. With. was developed for high-ranking officials of the Third Reich, as well as for the needs of the army, where it was used as a staff vehicle (under the designation Kfz.21). Basically, the G4 type was produced in the form of a four-door sedan with a convertible roof. The car turned out to be too complex and expensive for mass production, so it was produced in a relatively small series.
Some copies were equipped with MG 34 machine guns. They served to transport the highest command of the Wehrmacht, and were also used as security and escort vehicles. Cars in this version were called Partisanenwagen.