The Highly-Anticipated 1/35 Scale StuG III Ausf.B
With its low silhouette, short-barreled main gun, and distinctive superstructure with sloped armor, the Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.B is a popular subject for military modellers. Tamiya now releases this accurately reproduced early variant of the widely produced assault gun as the latest addition to our signature 1/35 scale Military Miniature Series.
About the Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.B
At the beginning of WWII, as the German army was on their rapid offensive, the need arose for a highly mobile infantry support vehicle that could provide heavy firepower to help infantry breakthrough defenses. The Sturmgeschutz III was designed to meet this requirement, with the Ausf.B being the first mass produced variant. Featuring a well armored crew compartment with 50mm front and 30mm side armor and armed with a 75mm StuK 37 L/24 gun, these vehicles were used during the invasion of the Balkans as well as in Operation Barbarossa. As the war went on, the StuG III found itself evolving into a tank destroyer in addition to its assault gun role, and were often used as replacements for actual battle tanks.
• Accurate 1/35 scale model of the German Sturmgeschtz III Ausf. B assault gun.
• Cannon can be raised and lowered after assembly
• Includes fully detailed accessories to mount onto fender for full accuracy.
• Precision detailing right down to the loading device and wireless radio inside compartment.
• Comes with aluminum gun barrel and photo-etched mesh cover for engine air intake.
• Employs swing-arm type suspension.
• Includes 3 sets of markings and 1 commander figure.