The A-4 Skyhawk was designed by Douglas in response to a U.S. Navy call for a jet-powered attack aircraft to replace the older A-1 Skyraider. Douglas opted for a design that would minimize its size, weight, and complexity. The result was an aircraft that weighed only half of the Navy's weight specification. It had a wing so compact that it did not need to be folded for carrier stowage.
A-4M: Dedicated Marine version with improved avionics and more powerful J52-P-408a engine with 11,200 lbf (50 kN) thrust, enlarged cockpit, IFF system. Later fitted with Hughes AN/ASB-19 Angle Rate Bombing System (ARBS) with TV and laser spot tracker, 158 built.
- Scale : 1:32
- Item Type : Static Kit
- Model Brief : Length: 411mm Wingspan: 261mm
- Total Parts : 510+pcs
- Metal Parts : Main undercarriage
- Photo Etched Parts : 1 piece
- Total Sprues : 18 sprues and tyres
- Paint Schemes : USMC
- More Features : " Fuselage
- Left and right fuselage moulded w/ authentic details
- Finely detailed engine.
- Finely detailed gear cabin
- Finely detailed cockpit
- Newly tooled wings accurately represent real ones
- Optional position flaps
- Plenty of external loads
- Optional plastic or metal undercarriage
- Photo-etched parts for safety belt,interior details. "